hi

Hi I'm Cameron Staveley. I have been snowboarding for 7 years. This year I am moving to Breckendridge for 4 months. I will tell you what happens every week I'm here for. Hope you enjoy my blog



Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Steamboat competition

This week we went to Steamboat to compete in Slope style for the Rocky Mountain Series. We woke up early and waited for the taxi to come. He eventually came we put our bags in the car and we started driving to Steamboat. We got to steamboat at about 8:45am then we had to get our tickets so we walked to the ticket office and we saw Chase and his dad. Luke and I got our tickets and then talked to Chase.  A little bit later Cody, Blake and Jake came they got their tickets and then we went to look at the course. We did a few runs though and then we went to get lunch. After lunch we went back and Jake and I started to spin. I got my runs for Sunday, then we went back to our hotel. The next day the skiers where on the course so we just lapped the little park. On Sunday it was really bad weather and there was 6 inches of new snow on the course.  We all had to slip the jumps. We didn’t get to do many practise runs because the park crew had to fix the jumps.  My first run I fell over but I kept going and on my second run I landed everything clean. I ended up coming 3rd. We couldn’t get to the awards because we had to go back home to Frisco.  It was fun going to another resort to do a comp, now back to training.

No comments:

Post a Comment