hi

Hi I'm Cameron Staveley. I have been snowboarding for 7 years. This year I am moving to Breckendridge for 4 months. I will tell you what happens every week I'm here for. Hope you enjoy my blog



Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Jump at Copper

This week we went to Copper Mountain to train. On the Saturday everyone wanted to make a back country jump. We went and looked at some of the jump spots Jim knows. We couldn’t find a  good spot. So we went to the enchanted forest and looked for a good spot. We eventually found a good place that everyone was happy with. We all hiked up to the spot and started piling up lots of snow. We had to make a big berm so we could turn around a tree to get to the jump. After about 3 hours the jump was ready, it was about the same height as Jim, which it is pretty tall. We didn’t hit it on Saturday so it could harden up overnight. On Sunday we all brought our shovels and we went straight up to the jump. We shaped the jump and then we hit it. I was the first to hit the jump because I worked the hardest. I did a backflip on the first hit but I didn’t land it. After a few more hits I did a tree tap, front three and got snow in my goggles. When the jump was all tracked out we went for lunch. We didn’t do much after lunch we just rode the park and did some pipe because there is a pipe contest next week I will let you know how I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment